Menopause, a natural phase in a woman’s life, brings about several changes in the body, one of which is weight gain. This can be very well dealt with holistic care that focuses on mind, body, and soul. Join Zoe states that in fact, the average woman gains about 5 pounds during menopause.
Platforms like Medditour connect the women seeking holistic care for menopausal weight reduction with the international hospitals and facilitators for affordable treatments and holistic care.
In this article, we will explore the reasons behind menopausal weight gain and discuss holistic practices to reduce it and find out how medical tourism in countries like India, Thailand, and Singapore can help it.
Understanding Menopausal Weight Gain
Menopausal weight gain can be attributed to several factors:
- Hormonal Changes: During menopause, hormonal shifts, including a decrease in estrogen levels, can lead to weight gain.
- Metabolic Rate: Metabolism naturally slows down with age, which can make it easier to gain weight and more challenging to lose it.
- Muscle Loss: Aging often results in the loss of muscle mass, which can further slow down metabolism and lead to weight gain.
- Lifestyle Factors: Changes in lifestyle, such as reduced physical activity, poor dietary habits, and increased stress, can contribute to weight gain during menopause.
Holistic Approaches to Reduce Menopausal Weight Gain
NBC News states that researchers found that the greatest increases in the overall percentage of body fat and decreases in lean muscle mass occurred during perimenopause,a transitional phase that typically starts when women are in their 40s.
- Balanced Diet: A diet rich in fruits, vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats can support weight management.
- Regular Exercise: Incorporating regular physical activity, including both cardio and strength training exercises, can help boost metabolism and maintain muscle mass.
- Stress: Stress due to menopause cause weight gain. Yoga, meditation, and deep breathing exercises can help it.
- Sleep: Good quality of sleep help reducing weight. Poor sleep can disrupt hormones that regulate appetite.
- Hormone Therapy: Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) under medical supervision can help balance hormones and alleviate some menopausal symptoms, including weight gain.
- Holistic Therapies: Holistic therapies such as acupuncture and herbal medicine are gaining popularity for their potential to ease menopausal symptoms, including weight gain.
Medical Tourism for Menopausal Weight Gain Reduction with Holistic Care
Countries like India, Thailand, and Singapore offer a range of holistic treatments and services.
India is known for its traditional medicine systems like Ayurveda, which offer holistic approaches to health and wellness. Medical tourists can explore Ayurvedic treatments, yoga retreats, and naturopathic therapies to address menopausal weight gain in a holistic manner.
Thailand is renowned for its wellness resorts and holistic healing centers. Medical tourists can access traditional Thai massage, meditation retreats, and other holistic practices to manage menopausal symptoms, including weight gain.
Singapore is a hub for cutting-edge medical facilities and holistic wellness centers. Here, women can find a combination of modern medicine and complementary therapies to address menopausal weight gain with a holistic approach.
Medical tourism companies like Medditour provide opportunities for women seeking holistic care for menopausal weight gain to combine their treatments with vacation.
In conclusion, menopausal weight gain is a common and challenging issue that many women face during this life transition. Medical tourism in countries like India, Thailand, and Singapore provides an excellent opportunity for women to explore holistic care options and receive comprehensive support in managing menopausal weight gain.