Our kidneys are remarkable organs that play a crucial role in maintaining overall health. Responsible for filtering waste and excess fluids from the blood, regulating blood pressure, and balancing electrolytes, kidneys are essential to our well-being. Keeping these vital organs healthy is of utmost importance, and understanding how to care for them and access treatments is vital.
Rush states that in the United States, approximately 37 million adults are estimated to have chronic kidney disease, the National Kidney Foundation says, and just 10% of these people know they have it.
Platforms like Medditour connect the patients seeking treatments for kidney diseases and care with the global hospitals and facilitators for affordable treatments.
In this article, we’ll explore how to maintain kidney health, various treatments for kidney diseases, and how medical tourism in India, Thailand, and Turkey can contribute to kidney health.
Tips for Kidney Health
- Stay Hydrated: Drinking an adequate amount of water helps in maintaining proper kidney function. Water helps to remove the wastes from the kidneys.
- Healthy Diet: Consuming a balanced diet that is low in sodium, processed foods, and sugary beverages can prevent the strain on the kidneys. Balanced diet might include fresh vegetables and fruits, whole grains, healthy fatty foods, etc.
- Control Blood Sugar and Pressure: National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases states that you can protect your kidneys by preventing or managing health conditions that cause kidney damage, such as diabetes and high blood pressure. High blood sugar and hypertension can damage the blood vessels in the kidneys. Monitoring and managing these conditions through a healthy lifestyle and prescribed medications can protect kidney function.
- Exercise Regularly: Engaging in physical activity helps maintain a healthy weight and promotes overall cardiovascular health, reducing the risk of kidney diseases.
Quitting alcohol and smoking and avoiding frequent use of pain killers will help maintaining your health.
Treatments for Kidney Diseases
- Medications: Depending on the type and stage of kidney disease, doctors may prescribe medications to manage blood pressure, control blood sugar, reduce cholesterol levels, and treat underlying conditions contributing to kidney issues.
- Dialysis: For advanced kidney failure, dialysis is used to remove waste and excess fluids from the body.
- Kidney Transplant: When the kidney diseases become chronic, kidney transplant might be necessary. A healthy kidney from a living or deceased donor is transplanted to replace the non-functioning kidney.
Alongside medical treatments, adopting the aforementioned healthy lifestyle habits can significantly improve kidney function and overall well-being.
Medical Tourism for Kidney Diseases
India, Thailand, and Turkey are prominent medical tourism destinations known for their advanced medical facilities and skilled healthcare professionals.
Medical procedures and treatments in India, Thailand, and Turkey are often more affordable than in Western countries, making them attractive options for those seeking kidney care. Renowned hospitals and clinics in these countries have state-of-the-art facilities and experienced medical teams specializing in kidney care and transplantation.
Apart from medical benefits, patients can also explore the rich cultures and attractions of these countries during their recovery period. Medical tourism companies like Medditour help the patients with kidney diseases take their treatments combining their vacation, so that they can recover faster.
In conclusion, maintaining kidney health through a healthy lifestyle is paramount to preventing kidney diseases. For those seeking cost-effective and high-quality care, medical tourism in India, Thailand, and Turkey offers a promising avenue.