Bone deformity can occur due to various reasons, including genetic disorders, injury, infections, and diseases. Bone deformity can cause significant physical and psychological problems, affecting the overall quality of life of the person. However, with modern medical treatments, there are effective solutions for correcting bone deformity, including orthopedic surgeries.
Medical tourism plays a vital role in bone deformity corrections. Platforms like Medditour help connecting the patients requiring treatments for bone deformities with global hospitals and facilitators to recover faster.
In this article, we will discuss the causes, treatments, and orthopedic surgeries for bone deformity correction. We will also explore how medical tourism can help people access affordable and quality orthopedic surgeries.
Causes of Bone Deformity
Bone deformity can occur due to certain important reasons like,
- Congenital Disorders: Some genetic disorders like achondroplasia, osteogenesis imperfecta, and skeletal dysplasia can cause bone deformity.
- Injuries: Bone fractures, especially if not treated properly, can cause bone deformity.
- Infections: Infections like osteomyelitis can damage the bone, leading to bone deformity.
- Diseases: Diseases like osteoporosis and cancer can weaken the bone and cause bone deformity.
Life Bridge Health – Limb length states that it is very common to see combinations of two or more of the deformity components such as twist in the bone or difference in length of a bone, together and it is possible to correct them simultaneously.
Treatments for Bone Deformity
Atrium Health Navicent states that the methods of correction depend on the type of bone deformity and the age of the patient. Some common treatments include,
- Bracing and Splinting: For mild cases, bracing and splinting can help correct the bone deformity by holding the bone in the correct position.
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy can help strengthen the muscles around the affected bone and improve mobility.
- Medications: Medications can help strengthen the bone and prevent further deformity in some cases.
- Surgery: In severe cases, surgery may be necessary to correct the bone deformity.
Orthopedic Surgeries for Bone Deformity Correction
Orthopedic surgeries are often used to correct severe bone deformity. There are several types of orthopedic surgeries used for bone deformity correction.
- Osteotomy: Osteotomy is a surgical procedure that involves cutting the bone and realigning it in the correct position. This procedure is often used to correct leg deformities, such as bow legs or knock knees.
- Joint Replacement: Joint replacement surgery involves removing the damaged joint and replacing it with an artificial joint. This procedure is often used to correct deformities in the hip or knee joint.
- Bone Grafting: Bone grafting involves transplanting bone from one part of the body to another to correct bone deformity. This procedure is often used to correct bone defects caused by injury or disease.
- Internal Fixation: Internal fixation involves using metal plates, screws, or rods to hold the bone in the correct position while it heals. This procedure is often used to correct bone fractures that cause deformity.
Medical Tourism for Orthopedic Surgeries
Orthopedic surgeries for bone deformity correction can be expensive, especially in countries like the United States, Canada, and Europe. However, medical tourism can help people access affordable and quality orthopedic surgeries.
Medical tourism for orthopedic surgeries offers several benefits like cost savings up to 70% for orthopedic surgeries, world-class treatments, shorter waiting times, and opportunity to combine treatment with vacation in international destinations.
Companies like Medditour help the people seeking orthopedic surgeries and treatments by connecting them to state-of-art treatments at international destinations like India, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Dubai, Turkey, etc. This opportunity not only helps the patients obtain the required treatment on time, but also help them use the time for rehabilitation in an effective manner by relaxing at the international cities along with their families, so that they become stress-free after the treatment.
In conclusion, bone deformity occurs due to several reasons and can be corrected with a wide range of treatments available. Medical tourism helps the patients with bone deformity by providing them an opportunity to take up the treatments at international hospitals at affordable prices.